Preparing for the Job and Internship Fair Experience

When I received an email from the Career Development Center (CDC) for the Job and Internship Fair, I was excited, but when I saw the list of companies attending the fair I was nervous. The registered companies included names like Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Target, Verizon Wireless, Diesel, Mohegan Sun and many more.
I wondered how to prepare for such a fair. Being an international student, I was clueless and confused on what to do and most importantly what to expect. Pretty soon I saw another email from the CDC which was organizing free seminars to help student like me prepare for the fair. These events included everything, right from the basics on what to wear, to preparing a cover letter and resume. For those of us who missed these free seminars, there was a video uploaded online. These seminars helped in understanding what the corporate world expected from students. After attending these seminars, I was confident and well prepared to face the Job and Internship Fair. For all of you who missed this opportunity of preparing, CDC is offering free seminars during the spring, just look out for the CDC mails.