Maxine Swick – Industrial/Organizational Psychology

Hello! My name is Maxine Swick and I am in my third trimester here at UNH. I am currently enrolled in the Industrial/Organizational Psychology Master’s program. I am originally from Long Island, New York. I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology at the University at Albany.

My transition from undergrad to graduate school was very smooth. I did not take any time off, I went straight into my master’s degree. Starting an education at a new school as well as a higher degree can be nerve wracking but everyone here at UNH made my transition go very smoothly. From the moment I was accepted I felt like I was noticed and if I ever had a question I knew it would be answered.

The Industrial/Organizational Psychology program here at UNH is absolutely fantastic. I could not have asked for a better education than the one that I am receiving now. The professors are very knowledgeable and bring so many great real examples to the classroom. One of the classes that I took was called “The Interview” and it was great because the professor had us conduct interviews with one another. It gave us a real life opportunity to consult their resumes and ask them interview questions based on their qualifications and the job description they were applying for. In another class called Industrial Psychology we had a group project where we were asked to come up with a presentation to train employees within a company. This really let us utilize the knowledge that we have possessed in the classroom, and make it our own. My classmates as well are amazing. Everyone is so nice here and I am so happy that I decided to receive my Masters at UNH.