M.S. Computer Science students present research at 2014 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering

Special blog post from Gautam Siwach, an M.S. Computer Science student at the University of New Haven

The research advisor for LTE and Wireless networks and my mentor, Dr. Amir Esmailpour, at the University of New Haven Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, motivated to me to look forward for registering my research into this top tier conference held in Toronto, Canada.

University of New Haven Dr. Amir Esmailpour

Author, Professor, Mentor IEEE, UNH

Dr. Amir Esmailpour, PhD

This International conference is hosted by IEEE and is known for its Tier-1 Publication of research, during which working professionals from the Computer Science and Engineering fields gather together to share research and present on special topics. There were a total three papers selected all over the United States after scrutiny to present at Ryerson University at networking sessions and the contribution came from the  Wireless Research Group at University of New Haven by myself, Gelareh Kokabian, and Jóswill Pájaro under the supervision of Dr. Amir Esmailpour.

1In the picture is Jelena Jovanovic, Gautam Siwach, Junpei Kawamoto, Ph.D.Assistant Professor, Faculty of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Kyushu University, Japan. Guofeng Chen, Carlisle Adams and others.

I was invited to chair the Big Data session based on the experience and skills I have at this reputed conference and I went with my other Computer Science classmates. This conference was a very good opportunity to know about ongoing research and showcase the University in Toronto, where there were a lot of professors and scholars from around the world.

2This is me during a session hour with audiences and presenters.

3

I attended American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) conference earlier this year and I did go to a number of scientific sessions. I presented on Big Data and Cluster formation and the integrated search function. My presentation at IEEE CCECE 2014 was on LTE security about the existing vulnerability in the technology and the solution to overcome the potential threat.

4
This is me and Joswill Victor Pajaro Rodriguez presenting University of New Haven at IEEE Canada 2014

One of the best thought about the IEEE conference is that we have the chance to meet and connect with so many professionals! It really is a great networking opportunity. Moreover, the Marriott offered a special dinner for the participants and I found a few famous people in our midst.

5This is me during dinner hour with Humanitarian committee representative, and Bassma Ghali Ph.D., University of Toronto, at the Marriott Downtown Eaton center Hotel.

6
In this picture are conference co-organizers and managers of IEEE CCECE 2014 with me.

I had the most fun. We visited Niagara Falls and Square One and enjoyed the stay in Toronto in four days! It was a very good experience and I am obliged to all the people who contributed towards the travel for their best wishes and trust upon me.

7

Author, Presenter, Chair IEEE CCECE 2014
Gautam Siwach – Computer Science